Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Potty Training & Upping the Gross Factor

For the past several months I have been trying to potty train Gavin. I have purchased some toys I know he loves and every couple of weeks, I take a day, and I put him in underwear. Then I put him on his potty every hour or two hoping that he will go, so I can reward him with one of the toys. Usually I give him an m&m for sitting on the potty when I ask him to.

I have purchased underwear with the Disney characters he loves. He really likes wearing them, but he still hasn't gone to the bathroom on the potty. Not even once.

So a couple of days ago, I am giving Gavin a bath. He stands up in the water and says, I am going to pee in the bathtub. Then he does.

The little stinker knows what it feels like to need to use the bathroom. He just won't do it on the potty. Arghhh!

...And then there's Gabby. She is technically potty trained, but most days she leaves at least one pair of peed in underpants in the laundry room for me to clean up. Yesterday, though, she took it to new level of gross. She left me a pair absolutely full of peed-in-sand. I'm not even sure how she was able to get so much sand in her underpants. What a mess to clean up! Needless to say, she is grounded from the sandbox today.

3 comments:

Tiffani said...

You have my sympathy... I hated potty training!

Laurel said...

Your kids are stinkers! I hate potty training too. I think it is one of the worst things you have to do when raising young children.

Wendi said...

Yuck - you remind me that I am not looking forward to my last little boy.