Thursday, May 28, 2009

Last Day of School Dilemma

Every year at this time I have the same dilemma. Today is the last day of school for my children. Soon they will be coming home with backpacks full of all the crap they have had in their locker and or desk for the past year. They will include lots of work they have completed and want me to look at and adore. They will also have broken crayons, mostly used erasers, pencils only an inch or so long, nearly filled in notebooks etc. And all of this stuff they will want to save in the name of playing "school".

I really want to throw it all away, but since they will be home during the day, I can't throw it away without them noticing. Plus also, this is really a lot of stuff just to go missing all at once. How to get rid of it all???

4 comments:

Stacy Risenmay said...

This is so funny because literally 30 seconds ago Ethan dumped his heavy backpack in my lap full of all of that stuff. I can only imagine what is is like when there are more backpacks! I will probably end up saving half and tossing the rest. And then a couple months down the road when my office is crammed things will start to look less cute and another half will go. Good luck!

Laurel said...

Good luck. I just went through most of that stuff today when they weren't paying attention. When Madalyn went to bed I went through the rest of her things. I can't believe how much crap they come home with. I bet you are loaded with all sorts of stuff.

Wendi said...

Crap - you mean Landon is going to be bring home more than he already does??

Tiffani said...

I'm laughing as I write this... you guys are way nicer than I am. I just tell my kids I'm throwing it away... they sleep at night... I throw it away... they cry in the morning... I hug and say sorry you're sad.