Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Work, Flute, and Disneyland

It has been hard to find time to post since I've been working, but I think I am into a good routine now. I am really enjoying my job. It's fun to have someplace to go and get things done that stay done. Since I am getting up so early (3:00 am) I have been going to bed at 9:00 pm, so don't call me past then. I won't answer. (Brendon probably will so you can chat with him.) Brendon has been getting the children off to school in the mornings and feeding the little kids breakfast. He does a good job. My older children have been really good about following any notes I leave for them regarding things such as laundry and dishes. Things seem to be going pretty good.

I am still volunteering in Gabrielle's class on Wednesdays, and on Tuesdays I watch a couple of children for my friend who also helps out in the school. This last week I purchased a flute from ebay. I am making arrangements for Naomi to take some private flute lessons. I am also hoping to find a piano teacher for Gabrielle. Benjamin still really loves playing trumpet. He has a concert next week.

In February, we are planning to take our family to visit Disneyland. Lately I've been realizing how old my kids are getting, and how few years we have left to take them fun places. I have always put off a trip to someplace like Disneyland because I didn't want to take a baby. I would feel guilty about this, but when we told our children about the trip, Benjamin said he didn't want to go. He hates driving, and is afraid riding rides will make him nauseous. We pointed out all the stuff there is to do in Disneyland, and I think we finally have him talked into it. Naomi and Gabby are thrilled to go, and Gavin doesn't really understand what we are planning.

We are hoping to schedule our trip during the time that Laurel and Nick's family will be there vacationing. Hopefully we can spend at least one day together at the park. We are planning to bring Kay with us when we go.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

How fun. I hope that is on our someday vacations!! Glad you are getting into a new routine. Sounds like a hard adjustment.

Tiffani said...

DOGGER PANTS!!! I'm going to Disneyland next year to celebrate graduating with my BSN... you aren't going to wait? I hope you guys have lots of fun!